<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL yeah. My Marisol sheds the most, NOT Addy. I think most of my little tanglie bits are from the short hairs at the base of the wig. Mine's still pretty new but I have gotten way less of them the longer that I've had her.Originally posted by prasnlrd:
Good grief! All the dollies hair sheds. Humans hair sheds. I wish the Addy doll would not get singled out as being a problemamtic doll because of her hair texture. She is a beautiful doll.
If I sound harsh, I apologize that is not my intention, but LORDEE, please accept this gorgeous dollie as she is.
[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
Addy's hair is fun. It stays the best and doesn't try to slip out of styles before you even can get the rubberband on, unlike SOME dolls I know *cough* Kirsten *cough* Hehe I love my Kirsten, but her her is like jello, it slips and slides around.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 30, 2005 05:58 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>
I don't own an Addy yet so I'm not sure if she just has a problem with loosely attached hair on the wig.
But I have show heavy coated dogs and cats for years which I needed to keep their coats (hair/fur) full with no holes. Holes meaning loss of hair either by breaking off or pulled out from roots. The way you do this is to always start from the bottom and brush up to the roots slowly and gently with a wire pin (same as AG's) brush and follow with a wire wide tooth (metal) comb. If the hair is really matted you must part the hair with your fingers gently and work in section, still starting from the bottom up. Work this way till all section are done then start brushing the whole hair again with the bottom up to roots/wig. The hair should be tangle free and ready to style.
I have used this same way on my AG's that the children have matted the hair and on dolls with all types of wigs/rooted hair and it has prevented hair loss.
Bookmarks